Bomb threat suspect denies charges after Palm Beach International airport incident

West Palm Beach, Florida – The Man Accused of making a bomb threat He was released on bond at Palm Beach International Airport Tuesday night.

While waiting for a taxi Wednesday afternoon, John Magee, 66, denied he had made any such threats.

Magee was a passenger on a Frontier Airlines flight to Philadelphia but was pulled off the plane before takeoff.

A probable cause affidavit said he was threatened and heard by another passenger.

McGee has disputed the allegations.

“No one came up to me and asked me anything,” Magee said. “They dragged me right off the plane, locked me in a room, and then they dragged my partner away. The next thing you know the FBI came in and they wanted me … they gave me Miranda rights.”

Magee said he was then questioned by the FBI.

“When they pulled me off, I thought, ‘Why are you pulling me off?'” Magee said. “They obviously said it must be in my backpack. They had TSA go through all their movies and everything.”

Magee faced a judge in his first court appearance Wednesday morning.

John Magee first court appearance January 25, 2023

Sean Sallis/WPTV

On Jan. 25, 2023, John Magee, 66, faced a judge the morning after deputies said he caused a bomb scare at Palm Beach International Airport in West Palm Beach, Florida.

“Mr. Magee, let’s see, you are accused of falsely reporting a bomb,” the judge said. “It’s a second-degree felony.”

Prosecutors demanded high bail and house arrest, but Magee’s public defender countered that the bond should not be so high.

“I think it’s stupid rather than malicious,” the public defender said.

The aftermath of his alleged threat is Concourse C at Palm Beach International Airport is closed Three hours. The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office bomb squad and the FBI checked the luggage of the two passengers.

Seven flights were delayed and hundreds of people who had planned to fly out were diverted outside the terminal.

Julian Sub and Magee were on the same flight.

“Glad they went through the proper protocols to keep everyone safe and make sure everything was taken care of, although unfortunately they did cancel our flight that night,” Sub said.

Magee said he and a friend traveled by train from New Jersey for three days. He said his next move is to hire a lawyer.

His next court date is set for February 23.